Crossfit refers to functional training which is performed at high intensity. Crossfit workouts consist of best of weightlifting, gymnastics, rowing, running and other forms of exercise. For crossfitters, they need a different kind of diet called Crossfit diet.
Crossfit diet is considered as one of the best options to keep your health in control and restrict an increase in body fat that will definitely keep your weight in control. In Crossfit diet, more focus is on eating lean meats, fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, seeds, nuts, low starch and a complete no to sugar. All these will help you save from developing diseases and illnesses.
Crossfit diet will help you reach your goal for a healthy and fit body, it will help you to be more confident, and it’s a guide to living a healthy life. Crossfit diet is a diet of whole foods, the approach is similar to a paleo diet (beliefs in eating naturally available foods that is plant based and animal based foods).
Here are some of the best foods for the crossfitters
- Brown rice- there are many varieties of rice among them brown rice is considered to be packed with important nutrients which provide many health benefits when consumed regularly. Brown rice is rich in nutrients because it’s a whole grain having three layers – the outer layer is bran, the inner layer is germ and middle layer endosperm. Brown rice is easy to digest which helps prevent bloating and also keeps your blood sugar under control. Include this super grain in your diet as it is a good source of fibre, low in calories and gluten free.
- Oats – there is no doubt oats has occupied a special place in the hearts of millions of people because of its nutritional value. Oats are powerhouse of antioxidants which is important to keep your heart healthy, also rich in fibre which helps lower bad cholesterol which is good to protect your heart. Oats is good to control blood sugar levels. There are innumerable health benefits of eating oats regularly, it can be an ideal breakfast, to increase its nutrition you can also add nuts, seeds and fruits of your choice.
- Banana – is an excellent snack for cross fitters as it is loaded with potassium, high in fibre both soluble and insoluble. It is easy to digest and keeps you full for a long time. bananas also boost your energy levels that’s why eating bananas in breakfast are said to provide you with enough energy to carry on your work.
- Sweet potatoes – are packed with nutrients like – vitamin A, B5, B6, niacin, thiamin, riboflavin and are rich in carotenoids. Sweet potatoes are low in calories and fat-free. All these qualities put them in the list of the world’s healthiest foods which should be included in your diet.
- Low-fat chocolate milk – chocolate milk contains a good amount of protein and carbohydrates which is good post Crossfit exercise.
- Eggs – are rich in high-quality protein and contain healthy fats and B vitamins. Starting your day with eggs in your breakfast is a sure way to a healthy eating. Eggs provide you with enough protein to sustain throughout the day. Include this power food to keep yourself energetic.