Waklert Drug Information
Waklert (Armodafinil) is a drug belongs to the class of medications known as wakefulness-promoting agents. It is very useful in treating sleep issues such as narcolepsy, shift work disorder and obstructive sleep apnea. In narcolepsy, the person suffers from excessive daytime sleepiness. Sleep apnea is characterized by the interrupted sleep because of shallow breathing which destroy sleep. Shift work disorder is the one which is defined as sleepiness in the working hours or problem in sleeping during scheduled sleeping hours in people who works rotational shift or in night shifts. This drug works on the brain chemicals which control sleep and wakefulness in people.
Armodafinil is the chemical present in the Waklert 150mg drug which acts on the chemicals present in the brain to promote wakefulness in people dealing with sleep issues. Food and drug Administration (FDA) has approved this drug in 2007 to treat narcolepsy, shift work disorder and as supportive treatment for obstructive sleep apnea.
Action Mechanism of Waklert (Armodafinil)
- Mechanism of action of drug defines its ability to work on the health issues. Every drug is different and they adopt different ways to work on the problem. This is called as mode of action and every medicine has its very own way to act on the health illness. Waklert has specific action mechanism but unfortunately it is still in the dark. This medication works excellently over sleep issues and improves wakefulness in people dealing excessive daytime sleepiness and sleep apnea. The exact mode of action is not known yet.
- However it is believed that Waklert drug works on the amount of dopamine secreted in the brain region and also inhibits its uptake so that this chemical stays in the brain causing wakefulness in people. One must take the drug in accurate and prescribe dosage to get the desired outcome. Do not take the medicine in excess amount as it is known to cause toxic effects on the health of the user. Waklert (Armodafinil) 150mg is the best dosage to start with as it is well tolerated by people. The chemical present in this drug is known as Armodafinil which is involved in the wakefulness process. This drug is very useful in treating the issues and it doesn’t cause any sort of addiction.
Precautionary Measures of Waklert
- Stop using the drug if you develop allergic reactions to the chemical Armodafinil present in the medicine.
- Tell your health care provider about the other drugs you are consuming before using this medicament. Certain drugs may interfere with this wakefulness promoting drug causing harmful effects and thus one must have word with the doctor before consuming the medication.
- Do not combine alcohol with the drug. This may worsen the occurrence of dizziness affecting health.
- Effectiveness of hormonal birth control pill gets reduced with usage of Waklert medication. Therefore one must use other contraceptive methods to avoid unplanned pregnancy.
- Do not take the drug if you are going to have major surgery including dental surgeries.
- Dizziness is one of the side effects caused by this medicament and thus people are advised not to drive or operate machinery post consumption of the drug.
- There is not enough data supporting use of this medication in pregnancy. However using this medication in pregnancy has been related with developmental problems in the fetus and spontaneous abortion.
- It is not clear whether Waklert 150mg passes into the breast milk and that is why women breastfeeding babies must talk to their doctors before taking the drug.
Dosage of Armodafinil 150mg
- It is better to consult a doctor while deciding the doses. Waklert (Armodafinil) 150mg is the recommended dosage which helps in treating excessive daytime sleepiness in people dealing with narcolepsy. In some cases this may be increased to 250mg doses. People with shift work disorder must consume the drug one hour prior to shift. Consume it along with water. Do not take it with alcohol. Armodafinil of this drug causes severe side issues when combined with booze. Do take the drug as per doctor’s instructions. Excessive consumption leads to hazardous effects on the consumer’s health.
Common Side Effects of Waklert
- Side effects and medications are connected to each other. No drug is an exception to this. Waklert (Armodafinil) is also known to develop some side issues in the users. These are gentle and severe depend on the amount of drug used and the way through which it has been adopted. Therefore it is advised to follow the medical instructions carefully to avoid any sort of medical emergency.
- After consuming the medication you may develop certain side effects which are gentle in nature. With Waklert 150mg you may suffer from nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness, loss of appetite, constipation, diarrhea, stomach pain, heartburn, dry mouth, thirst, frequent urination etc. These all are mild side issues that vanish within couple of days. You need not to take any medical treatment to get rid of these issues. These are the signs given by the body that it is getting familiar with Armodafinil chemical present in the drug.
- Though this smart drug is well tolerated by some people, there are very rare cases of this medicine developing severe side issues in people. These aftermaths required immediate medical attention. Look out for skin rash, blisters, hives, itching, swelling of facial gestures, chest pain, weakness, irregular heartbeat, hallucinations, problem breathing, mouth sores, depression or anxiety etc. which are severe effects of this drug.
Warnings of Waklert
- Before taking Waklert 150mg, tell your health care provider about any other medications you are consuming already. This will prevent drug interaction process.
- Women who are pregnant or wish to become pregnant must have word with their doctor about the possible effects of this medicine on the unborn baby.
- It is not known if this drug gets secreted in the breast milk and thus breastfeeding moms must consult their physicians before taking the drug.
- Certain health issues such as kidney and liver ailments won’t allow you to take the drug. It’s because the metabolism of drug takes place in the liver and kidney helps in eliminating it.
- Chemical component of the medication, Armodafinil may cause allergic reactions in some people. If any user develop such symptoms then it’s better to stay away from this medication.
- Do not use the drug in excess amount. It leads to toxic effects on the health of the consumer.