Piracetam is a nootropic medication. The chemical content is gamma-amino butyric acid. This medication is also known as smart drugs because of its property of improving memory. It is believed that this medicine works by enhancing communication between left and right side of the brain. This drug can be used in the patients dealing with Alzheimer’s and those suffering from head injuries. Initially this drug was produced to treat dementias and it was the first nootropic invented. Various studies and researchers have shown that this medicine is very effective in improving cognition, time span of attention and also prevents memory loss. These are the reason this drug become so popular amongst students and people who wish to improve functionality of brain.
Studies have proved that Piracetam also protects the brain from being damaged due to lack of oxygen. The working of this drug is similar to the brain chemical GABA or acetylcholine. These are involved in processing memory. Hence by mimicking their action, this memory enhancement drug helps in improving cognitive ability of people.
Action Mechanism of Piracetam (Nootropics)
- Drugs are blessed with a specific mode of action or in other words their ability to work on a health issue. Like other medicines Piracetam has a mechanism of action which is not clear yet. However some believed that this medication works by mimicking the action of naturally occurring brain chemicals. Various studies and researches have proved and supported this very same statement. This medication improves cognitive ability of people without being seductive or CNS stimulant.
- Piracetam is positive allosteric modulator of AMPA receptor. It acts on the ion channels and this is how it leads to the excitation of neurons and inhibition of synaptic action. This drug does not affect the GABA brain metabolism and receptors. This also improves blood flow and oxygen consumption in various parts of brain. In some cases it may be considered as a side effect of Piracetam 800 mg pill rather as increased activity of brain.
- Neurotransmitter acetylcholine activity is improved via muscarinic cholinergic (ACh) receptors which has great impact in memory processing. In addition, this medicine may have impact on the NMDA glutamate receptors which influences learning and memory processing. Along with it, Piracetam drug also increases cell permeability and other brain functions related to information processing.
Precautionary Measures of Piracetam
- The chemical used in the medication may cause allergic reactions in the user. Thus if you develop any allergic signs after consuming it, you must stop using it and consult with the doctor.
- People suffering from bleeding problems, kidney ailments, liver issues or brain and nervous system impairment issues must avoid Piracetam tablet. This may cause some negative or harmful effects on the user.
- If you have medical history of stroke or bleeding issues then you must discus the pros and cons of the medicine with your health care provider.
- You must tell your doctor if you are using any other medication before taking this smart drug. It will prevent the future drug interference.
- Do not combine booze and Piracetam altogether. This worsens the dizziness and causes discomfort.
- This medication may make you dizzy and that is why driving or operating machinery is prohibited after consuming the drug.
- If you are pregnant of wish to have a kid then you must have word with your doctor before having the drug. Effect of the drug on the unborn baby is not clear and thus consulting with the doctor helps always.
- It is not clear whether Piracetam passes into the breast milk. Therefore breastfeeding moms must talk to their physicians regarding the same.
Dosage of Piracetam 800mg
- Dosages of Piracetam must be designed by your doctor in order to get excellent outcome. Do not take the medication on your own as it may cause harmful effects on health. Start with the lower dosage and gradually increase the dose as per your doctor’s instructions. Follow the safety measures properly in order to stay away from health complications. Do not mix Piracetam pills with booze as it worsens the dizziness and you may need to see a doctor. Take the drug for the prescribed time span. Taking them for longer will harm you in many ways. Though this medicine is not addictive but one should take care of this aspect while consuming the medication.
Common Side Effects of Piracetam
- Side effects are the signs telling you that your body is being familiar with the medication. All drugs caused side issues. These are mild and severe depend on the dosage taken and the way adopted to consume the drug. Piracetam also develop side issues which are gentle in nature. This drug not being addictive in nature generally gets tolerated by people. However some gets side issues which are mild in nature and one needs no treatment at all to get rid of them.
- One may develops hyperactivity, sleepiness, weakness or fatigue, unexpected weight gain, diarrhea, headaches, increased nervousness etc. These are mild side issues that generally disappear within couple of days. If these stays for longer than you need to stop using Piracetam and meet your health care provider.
- In very rare incidents, you may suffer from serious aftermaths caused by Piracetam 800mg pill. Immediate medical help is required in order to get rid of effects. You must consult with the doctor when you develop such side issues. Hallucinations, confusion, vertigo, increased anxiety, worsening of epilepsy; trouble sleeping and bleeding issues are few of the severe side issues. These require prompt medical help. Do not ignore if they develop in you after having the medicine.
Warnings of Piracetam Online
- If you are dealing with health issues such as liver or kidney ailments, brain or central nervous system problems, bleeding issues then you must consult with your physician before having Piracetam drug.
- People who are about to have a major surgery should seek medical advice before consuming the drug.
- Allergic events to the chemical used in the drug are quite common and if you develop such reactions then you must get medical treatment. In such scenario, do stop having the drug and do what your doctor says.
- If you have medical history of stroke then you must talk to your medical officer before consuming the medication.
- Piracetam never goes well with alcohol. This combination increases dizziness and thus one shouldn’t combine them together.
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding must have word with their doctor in order to know the pros and cons of the drug and also the possible effects of the drug on the unborn baby.