Amoxil Uses, Dosages and Possible Side Effects
Generic amoxil is the potent antibiotic. Various bacterial infections can be treated with this medication. Amoxicillin is the chemical used in the drug. This medication doesn’t kill the bacteria but they affect the cell wall production in them that eventually lead to bacterial cell death. This antibiotic falls under the category of drugs known as penicillin. This medicament is available in various forms such as oral pills, capsules, chewable pills and oral suspension. FDA approval has made this drug safe to use in elderly and kids too.
Number of bacterial infections such as urinary tract, lower respiratory tract, ear, throat and nose is treated with generic amoxil pills. You must consult with your health care provider to get the accurate dosage of the drugs. If consumed in excess quantity, it develops severe side effects in the user. It is mandatory to follow the medical instructions to avoid unpleasant events.
Action Mechanisam of Generic Amoxil (Amoxicillin)
- Generic amoxil is an effective antibiotic drug that works on the bacterial contamination of various body parts. The chemical amoxicillin used in the drug has the capacity to work on the health concern and it is known as mode of action of the drug. Like all other medications, this antibiotic also follows the definite pattern of the working over the health issue. This antibiotic work by stopping the growth of the bacteria.
- Cells walls are necessary for the survival of the bacterial cells. These are very important as they bind the cell content inside the cell. When these bacteria enter the body of the host, they start making new bacterial cells. They form the cell wall first. As cell wall formation take place, the infection become severe causing serious symptoms. Generic amoxil stops the formation of cell wall. This eventually led to the reduction in the number of bacteria present. This is how bacterial cells die and the infection gets controlled.
- Generic amoxil is the excellent remedy for the elimination of the bacterial illness. This drug doesn’t kill the bacteria but stops their growth and thus abates the severity of the bacterial contamination.
Precautionary Measures of Generic Amoxil
- Allergic reactions to the chemical content of the medicine are possible. Thus if you notice any sort of allergic signs stop using generic amoxil and consult with your health care provider.
- If your symptoms don’t go within two to three days post consumption of the medicine then you must visit your doctor.
- Do not skip dosage of the medicament. If you missed a dose then take it as soon as you remember. Do not take the skipped dosage id the next scheduled dose timing is near.
- Smoking cigarettes and chewing tobacco is prohibited while getting treatment with this antibiotic for the eradication of the bacterial contamination.
- Alcohol consumption must be avoided while treating bacterial contamination with generic amoxil antibiotic medication.
- This antibiotic causes diarrhea. But if you experiences watery or bloody diarrhea then you must consult with your health care provider. This could be the warning sign of the toxic reaction of the amoxicillin of this antibiotic.
- This antibiotic is safe for pregnant women. But they must talk with their health care provider before consuming it. This will helps in avoiding complications.
- Generic amoxil passes into the breast milk and that is why breastfeeding women must have word with their doctors before taking this medicament.
Dosage of Generic Amoxil 500mg
Dosages of generic amoxil depend on the type of bacterial contamination to be eliminated. Your doctor will diagnose your condition and let you know which dose is ideal for you. Basically the oral pill must be consumed as a whole with a glass of water. This can be taken with or without meals. Do not skip the dosages of the drug and continue taking the medicine for the prescribed time span. Generic amoxil shouldn’t be used along with booze as this combination causes severe side effects. Take the pill as a whole without crushing or breaking it. Excessive dosage must be avoided.
Common Side Effects of Generic Amoxil
- Generic amoxil is a chemical originated antibiotic which is bound to develop some side effects. These could be mild or severe in nature depending on how you have consumed them. If you pair this antibiotic with booze or any other medicines then chances are higher that this drug will definitely cause side issues in the user. The fact is you cannot avoid getting aftermaths of the medicament.
- With generic amoxil antibiotic drug you may suffer from mild side effects which include yellowing of skin, eyes, dark colored urine, yeast infection or mouth or vagina etc. These are the harmless side issues which normally disappear right within couple of days. Generic amoxil consumption must be stopped when these effects stays longer than expected time span or become severe to handle.
- Generally antibiotics are easy to handle and causes no severe side issues in the user. But there are some cases reported where serious aftermaths have been observed. They might have developed because of the wrong ingestion methods or combining the medicine with alcohol. Serious aftermaths of generic amoxil include watery or bloody diarrhea, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, tooth discoloration, allergic reactions etc. if you develop any of these issues post consumption of the drug then it is important to get medical help.
Warnings of Generic Amoxil
- If you are dealing with kidney disorders, allergy to antibiotics or a health condition known as phenylketonuria then do not buy generic amoxil to treat bacterial infection.
- People may develop allergic reactions to the chemical part of the medicine. If such allergic symptoms develop in you then you must stop using the drug and consult with your doctor.
- You must consult with the health care provider if you experience bloody and watery diarrhea. This happens because of the toxic effects of the chemical part of the drug.
- In some rare cases you might get affected with the yeast and fungal infection due to generic amoxil antibiotic. In such situation you must get in touch with your medical practitioner.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding a child then you must have a word with your doctor to avoid any unpleasant events with this antibiotic.
20, 50, 100, 150, 200, 300