Chapped lips are one of the common problems that are faced by many people and yes, it does gets worse especially during the winters. Chapped lips are just not limited to get ugly during the winter season but then it can happen during any time of the year.
Let us know, that what the causes of chapped lips are because without knowing the proper cause, we won’t be able to treat it and therefore it is important to be aware about the causes.
The major causes of chapped lips are as follows-
- Exposure– Exposure can be one main cause for having chapped lips. Your skin of the lips is delicate and thin and therefore when it is exposed in the sun or dry winter climate, then that exposure will easily damage the skin of your lips thus causing chapped lips. Hence, we should avoid lip exposure to uncertain climate condition to avoid chapped lips.
- Dehydration – Staying hydrated is one of the important part and same applied to avoid chapped lips. Because if we don’t have enough water or stay hydrated, then we can suffer from dehydration which can be one of the cause of chapped lips.
- Mouth breathing – Many people have the habit of sleeping with their mouth wide open which will just not allow to drool on your pillow, but also at the same time it will lead to dry out your lips as well. You might also notice that you’ll breathe through your mouth when you have a runny or stuffy nose.
- Nutrients and vitamin deficiencies – We know that how important to have vitamins and nutrients in our body so that we stay healthy and fit. But then we should also know that if we are suffering from vitamin and nutrient deficiencies that it may also lead to cracks at the corners of your lips and mouth thus causing chapped lips.
- Diseases or illness – There are some illness and disease that can cause dryness and chapped lips because we very know that during our illness and disease we have mouth and lip sores which are the possible cause of chapped lips.