Working in shifts can cause a number of health problems including sleep irregularities. Those who work in shifts or have such professions that require 24*7 work environments may have problems like excessive sleepiness, tiredness, poor concentration skills and frequent errors at work. It happens it’s because your work schedule and the biological clock is out of sync and no longer share a harmonious relationship with each other.
Doctors, nurses, policemen, security guards and shift workers are greatly impacted when they work in odd hours of the day. Study shows that people who work in shifts are more likely to develop shift work sleep disorder, insomnia and other sleep disorders that those with 9 to 5 job. However, you can still manage to work in shifts by doing some healthy changes in your lifestyle.
First you should see these symptoms in yourself whether:
- Do you feel extremely sleepy during the most productive hours of the day?
- Do you feel tired most of the time?
- Do you need cups of coffee to keep yourself awake?
- Do you feel foggy, needs time to respond and frequently make errors?
- Do you experience headaches frequently and do not feel refreshed after waking up in the morning?
If yes, then it’s time to rectify the situation by making changes in your lifestyle without changing your work schedule.
If you are troubled with excessive sleepiness, consider taking Waklert 150mg. Waklert is basically designed to treat sleep irregularities such as shift work sleep disorder (SWSD), sleep apnea and narcolepsy. It stimulates dopamine levels in the brain causing wakefulness and alertness in individuals. One can experience complete alertness while working. Waklert lets your work for hours without feeling tired or drowsy. That means, once you deal with your excessive sleepiness and tiredness, the rest of the battle becomes easy for you.
- Waklert is just a temporary solution and hence, keep in mind that it’s not a substitute for a healthy life. Next step to rectify the condition is that avoid drinking caffeine contained beverages. Stay away from drinking and smoking. Quitting these habits can improve your overall health.
- Avoid working in extended work hours. Avoid working in prolonged shifts as well that leaves less time to sleep or do other activities.
- Avoid long commutes that cut back your sleeping or leisure time.
- Shift workers end up sleeping in the daytime. Thus, create a sleep environment by pulling the curtains of your bedroom down, close the windows and keep the room temperature on a comfortable level. Use earplugs and eye masks to shut the noise and light.
- Make sure that you get enough sleep on your days off and have time to participate in social gatherings. Maintain a good sleep schedule for yourself and follow it religiously.
- Avoid frequently rotating shifts. Opt to work the same shift for a longer period of time and then switch to other shifts. That way you allow your body to adapt a new schedule.