All of us remember stomach pain as the most common excuse to not go to school or making this excuse to the teacher about not completing home work. Remember? But stomach ache is not just a cute excuse, it is a real problem and people who face it are really in pain. While it is a common term but the reason for the pain can be many.
Now the reason or causes for the stomach pain can be anything ranging from gastrointestinal problems, formation of gas, GERD, Acid reflux, period cramps, Lactose intolerance and even stress.
If your problem is not severe and you do not get it often, a few home remedies can be helpful in treating your stomach ache. So here goes:
- The first and most effective home remedy is a heating pad. If you have stomach cramps, this will help you really well. Heating helps in relaxing the blood vessels and thus making your pain a bit lesser. You need a heating pad, a hot water bottle or an electric blanket for this. You just need enough to help you and not so hot that it burns you.
- If the stomach pain is due to indigestion or acid reflux, lemon water is the best remedy. All you need to do is squeeze a lemon in a glass of lukewarm water and drink up. This helps in formation of stomach acids that aid digestion. Thus you will feel relieved soon.
- Drink chamomile tea for any kind of pain in body and it treats stomach pain in a jiffy. Pour a few chamomile strands in boiling water and drink the tea. IT will help in relaxing all the stress from the body.
- Ginger ale is an age old recipe for stomach pain. You can try it by either chewing some raw ginger or if the taste is too strong for you then you can just crush it and add in some boiling water and drink this water.
- Drinking rice water has been proven very advantageous to treating ulcers and stomach gas. It has substances that help in soothing the pain. Try this home remedy it is sure to work.
- You can also mix some apple cider vinegar in water and drink this mixture for effective pain relief.