Sleep is important and getting good sleep is more important. What happens to our body when we sleep? When our body is asleep, it goes through various procedures such as it heals the immune system, carries out other essential function of the body when we are asleep. Most of the functioning are done when we are sleep and hence when our sleep cycle is disturbed, there is a hindrance in our functioning which then gives rise to various sleep disorder and diseases. Now, who wants to deal with a disease? Because when we are affected with certain disorder or disease then it becomes difficult for us to take care of our body and maintaining our health. We need to take medicine, be on medications, have follow up and follow certain procedures to ensure that we don’t suffer much. But the point is that, we are suffering. And we are suffering a lot if once we start relying on medicines and drugs for our health.
Everything seems to be good at the start but when it starts to affect our body, health and mind then it causes problems. For example, if we work late night or binge watch late nights then for a certain time it’s okay but if it becomes a daily habit, then it gives rise to various sleep related disorders and diseases which then affects our health. This is not cool at all where your health is at risk and you suffer from various problems. No, it’s not about the money that you cannot invest or put it in your health but it’s about the sufferings and misery that you’ll face if you deal with disorders and diseases. For example, if a person is suffering from insomnia, then he is unable to sleep at night but in return, he is tired and exhausted during the day and feels lazier during daytime when compared to the night time. Yes, there are medicines to cure the disorders and diseases but till when will human rely on these? After all, chemicals do damage our health at a certain point. In fact overdose of certain medicines can cause even death also. So, a decision has to be made when it comes to sleep and no one should sacrifice its sleep cycle just for the sake of other things.
Apart from medicines and medications, there are also some natural ways to get good sleep that really works well with the human nature and those are –
- Melatonin – Melatonin is a hormone that is produced naturally in the body when out r body is asleep. This hormone which is produced naturally in our body helps to signal the brain that it’s time to sleep. There is cycle of production for these hormones which is influenced by the day. The natural cycle of producing these hormones occurs naturally in the evening and falls in the morning. For this main reason, melatonin becomes the special sleep aid that benefits people but is usually disturbed in certain instance such as when we go through jet lag.
Moreover, several studies have shown that melatonin improves overall sleep quality, has positive effects and it is very safe as the production is done naturally. Therefore, it is important to get a good sleep.
- Valerian root – Valerian is a herb native to Asia and Europe. Valerian root has its medical history since ages and used by most of the people. Valerian root is commonly used as a natural treatment for symptoms of depression, anxiety and menopause. This herb taken before bed will help you to get good sleep and improve the quality of sleep.
- Magnesium – Magnesium is a mineral involved in hundreds of processes in the human body that is important for brain function and health. Less magnesium in our body can result to insomnia and troubled sleep. Therefore, magnesium levels should be maintained in the body to get good sleep.
- Lavender – Lavender flowers are used in many household purposes. Therefore, it is of a great importance. Its fragrance enhances sleep and is also noted that lavender aromatherapy works a lot to get a good sleep.
- Glycine– Glycine is an amino acid that plays very vital role in the nervous system that improves sleep.
- Passion flower– Passion flower is popularly known to treat insomnia. As per the studies, passionflower has many benefits wherein it helps to improve sleep quality and enhances good sleep.
- Ginkgo biloba– The consumption of this herb may help in reducing stress, enhance relaxation and promotes sleep. This is a natural herb that can be found anywhere and is safe to health as well.
These are the 7 natural sleep aids that really work well to improve the sleep quality and have a good sleep. Because a good sleep leads to good life and good health.