Abortion is a procedure that involves deliberate termination or removing an embryo or fetus before it can survive outside the uterus. It can be done using abortion pills.
Facts about Abortion Pill
- The Abortion Pill is known as an early abortion method, because it only works and should be taken only in the initial stages that is under 9 weeks of pregnancy, this is when the pregnancy is still in developing stages called decidua.
- The abortion pill is termed as medical abortion or medication abortion, it is not just one pill but a combination of two pills used to terminate pregnancy.
- The safe period to take Abortion Pill is between 5-9 weeks of pregnancy, counting from the first day of your last menstrual period.
- Abortion pill should be taken with prescription by your doctor. The two pills used for aborting the fetus are – mifepristone and misoprostol.
- Mifepristone, which is taken on the first day, works by inhibiting progesterone — a hormone necessary to hold on to pregnancy and let it grow, once this pill is taken it causes embryo’s removal from the uterine wall. Misoprostol is taken same day or within 72 hours after taking the first pill, and this pill works by causing cramping, followed by bleeding that indicates elimination of pregnancy from your uterus.
- After taking the one first pill Mifepristone the most women do not usually experience any pain or cramping. But when they take second pill Misoprostol most women experience severe pain like it happens during period and the pain is there for several hours with heavy bleeding more than what you have during your periods. This bleeding will last usually a week or more.
- That is why your doctor will prescribe you the appropriate pain medications and will give you few instructions so that you can be fully prepared.
- Some women take abortion pill without informing any one, it’s alright as long as you are aware of the consequence.
- Abortion Pill is very effective to terminate pregnancy, if you fail to bleed after you’ve taken the pills the first time, you can try again 24 hours later.
- Most women who want to terminate pregnancy are happy using abortion pill as it is easy and safe to use and can be done at home.
- One of the advantages of using abortion pills is that you can take it according to your convenience and you can set your own time and day to take the pills. You can also carry on your work, as usual but it is better to stay home until your pregnancy is terminated.
Risks of taking Abortion pills
Some of the risks involved with taking abortion pills are:
- Allergic to abortion medicines
- Extremely heavy bleeding
- Large blood clots
- Incomplete abortion
- Chances of infection
- if pregnancy is not terminated
- bleeding for too long period
- feeling extremely weak
- cramps and pain in your stomach that does not subside with pain killer
After taking abortion pills you should feel alright after your miscarriage, but if you continue to feel tired, weak, have fever, vomiting and nausea for more than 24hrs, call your doctor immediately and fix your problems before it leads to life threatening situation. For some women abortion pills may not work and may lead to serious complications, so it is better to check with your doctor before taking these pills.
Conclusion – When you terminate your pregnancy there is loss of blood due to heavy bleeding, take care to eat healthy diet to compensate the loss of blood.
While we are very well aware that smoking puts you at risk for developing cancer and heart problems, researchers say that there is strong evidence that people who smoke heavily double their chances of developing Dementia later in their life. But giving up smoking can reduce the risk to a great extent.
What exactly is dementia?
Dementia is one of the most common brain diseases that affect many people around the world. It associated with gradual decline in the mental ability of a person – to think, reason, judge, communicate effectively and changes in the mood or behavior all these symptoms reduces a person’s ability to carry out everyday activities. Dementia affects the person when the brain is damaged by diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease or a series of strokes. Alzheimer’s disease is one of the most common causes of dementia and also, you can treat Dementia by having Admenta 10mg, but there are also other factors that can lead to dementia and one of them is smoking.
How smoking increases the risk of dementia?
Research says there are several strong reasons that insist that there is indeed a link between smoking and dementia. That includes:-
- It is known that smoking causes cancers of the lung, esophagus, larynx, mouth, throat, and heart diseases. it is because tobacco cigarette contains 4000 chemicals like nicotine, tar, carbon monoxide, DDT etc. all these are highly addictive and cancer causing chemicals. It is not clear which chemical in cigarette causes dementia, but studies say nicotine in cigarette may decrease the chance of dementia.
- It is smoke from the cigarette when enters the body causes oxidative stress and inflammation which increases the chances for developing Alzheimer disease a common causes of dementia.
- Another reason that supports the claim that smoking causes dementia is that there is a possibility of smoke causing dementia through neuro degenerative and vascular pathways.
World Health Organization has strongly warned against smoking and also non smoking people who are exposed to smoke from the cigarette are also at risk for developing dementia. WHO says that quitting or decreasing smoking is likely to reduce the risk of dementia in the coming years.
You can save yourself from developing dementia by following ways:-
- Bringing about changes in your lifestyle that are healthy.
- Take up regular physical exercise such as a cardio exercise, strength training, swimming and walking.
- Take up weight and resistance training exercises that helps increase muscle mass as well boosts brain health.
- Most importantly stop smoking and limit your alcohol consumption.
Take home message – Now its clear smoking puts you at risk for many dangerous diseases, tobacco smoking is the biggest causes that can increase your chances of developing dementia. Research says that quitting smoking later in life also works to reduce risk of dementia. So if you are heavy smoker give up to save your life. If you follow a healthy lifestyle and make a strong effort to quit smoking you can prevent dementia and other diseases that are caused by smoking. If you are finding difficult to give up smoking, take help from therapist who can guide you and give some valuable tips to stop smoking.
Caverta 100 MG tablet contains active ingredient Sildenafil, is used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED) and pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). This tablet works by relaxing the blood vessels muscles and increases the blood flow in certain parts of the body that helps a man sustain erection for longer time while indulging in intercourse, however this pill works only if there is sexual stimulation and this pill is a phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor that helps relaxes and dilates the blood vessels in the lungs and helps in treating PAH by improving the exercising ability in men and women.
How long Caverta does stay effective?
As soon as it is taken the effect can be experienced within 30 minutes, the onset of action may be different to each person. But it works in your body for at least 4 hours.
Side effects of Caverta 100MG
- flushed skin
- prolonged erections
- blurred vision
- back pain
- muscle pain
- stomach upset
- trouble sleeping
- stuffy nose
- bloody urine
- increased urination
- pain in the bladder
- bone pain
- Avoid taking this pill with alcohol or else you may have symptoms like headaches, dizziness and fainting.
- Caverta 100 MG should not be taken if you are taking nitrates such as nitroglycerin (glycerin tri nitrate), as this may result in a severe and potentially fatal drop in blood pressure.
- This tablet is not meant for pregnant women or nursing mothers. If you feel the need to take this tablet consult your doctor first and try to know the benefits and risks involved in taking this tablet.
- Caverta 100 MG should not be taken with any other medicines like herbal supplements or if you are taking medicines for heart problems. Consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
- Before using this medicine inform your doctor if you are going to undertake any surgery or dental procedures.
- Before taking this medicine inform your doctor if you are suffering from health conditions like – heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes and if you smoke and drink alcohol.
- Keep this medicine out of reach of children.
Rising air is pollution is a global concern; it has become very difficult to protect ourselves from the menace of harmful pollution. The toxins present in the air are life threatening leads to respiratory problems. To protect ourselves from air pollution we must consider wearing air masks whenever we go out, as they help us breathe pure air .But we should make sure to select the right mask that helps purify the air we breathe in.
Here are few guidelines to select the right air mask:
- N99 air masks – is considered as one of the reliable masks which has the capability to purify up to t 99% of the air with particles that are larger than 0.3 microns. This mask is good for people having breathing problems, respiratory problems and allergy problems. These air masks are disposable and should be changed every 2-3 days.
- N95 air masks– these air masks are capable of filtering the air up to 95 percent of the harmful PM2.5 particulate matter, these particles when breathed can enter your nasal passage into the throat, lungs or even the circulatory system, which can cause serious respiratory complications and other health issues. This mask is affordable and should be replaced every 2-3 days.
- Totobobo air mask – the efficiency of this mask is 99% provides protection from particles as small as PM0.3.This mask is little expensive but reusable.
- Respro mask– these masks effectively purifies the air up to 99%, and they can be used up to 69 hours.
- Particulate Respirators – these respirators are very effective in protecting respiratory organs from the dust particles and other toxic matters released into the air in the process of welding, excavating, etc. carried out in the workplace. These masks are little expensive compared to other masks but very useful for those suffering from respiratory problems.
- N99 Carbon Layer/ Exhaust Layer Mask – this mask very effectively fights 99% of air pollution consisting of particulate pollution that includes – Pm10, Pm2.5 and 3 size of microorganism, virus and other harmful germs. This mask is expensive compared to other masks but it is durable and can be used up to 9 months.
Steps to be taken while wearing a mask
- First read the instructions, before wearing the mask.
- Wash your hands every time, before wearing the N95 mask.
- It is very important to chooses the right fit and size of the mask
- Wear the mask firmly over your nose, mouth and chin, make sure there is no gap left, otherwise wearing air mask is serves no purpose.
Take home message:- Getting exposed to air pollution can be very dangerous, it has become necessary to wear air masks, especially for those with breathing problems but one important thing is no matter how much you spend on a mask, they only work if they fit properly on your face. So make sure to buy a correct size of air mask.
* A surgeon/medical mask is not going to prevent micro particles like PM2.5 – a primary cause of ailments in the human body – from entering the body. Most experts agree that while they may be the cheapest option available, a wet handkerchief/towel is still a better option to cover the face with.
There are many varieties of coffee and green coffee is one of them, which is not so popular. According to nutritionists green coffee offers many health benefits which are surprising, because not many people know about it and very few people seem to use green coffee.
How it works?
The unroasted coffee beans are what green coffee beans. These coffee beans contain high amount of Chlorogenic acid, which is said to offer many health benefits.
Here are some of the amazing health benefits of green coffee:
- Increases metabolism – Studies show that within hours of consumption of coffee, it can give a boost to metabolism. Green coffee consists of chlorogenic acid which helps boost metabolism.It helps raise Basal metabolic Rate (BMR) which means the amount of calories your body needs to carry out basic bodily functions. The greater you’re BMR, the greater is your metabolism is rate, which helps your body burns off food.
- Aids in weight loss – green coffee is very effective for people who want to lose weight. Green coffee works by suppressing the hunger pangs and reduces your appetite. It can help you control your food cravings as a result your body begins to use the stored fat which is very good to lose weight.
- Helps control blood sugar levels – consuming green coffee regularly can help a lower high blood sugar level which is excellent for dealing with diabetes.
- Regulates blood circulation – green tea contains active aspirin like component that helps prevent clustering of platelets, as a result there is very less chances of hardening of arteries which is very important for proper blood circulation. Thus green coffee has the ability to aid smooth blood circulation.
- Energy booster – green coffee is high in caffeine which is a natural energy booster. Drinking green coffee will keep you energetic and active through the day.
- Builds immunity – green coffee has antioxidants which helps fight off harmful bacteria causing infections and illness and this helps build strong immunity in the absence of free radicals in the body.
- Natural Detoxifier – Consume green coffee regularly as it helps detoxify liver by removing all the toxic substance, fats, helps eliminate bad cholesterol all these improves liver function which in turn is good for boosting metabolism and boost your overall health.
- Nourishes skin– green coffee is packed with health benefits, it is also good for your skin health. Green coffee is a power house of antioxidants contains skin enhancers like – linoleic acid, oleic acid, rahidic acid and essential fatty acids which are all great for maintaining elasticity of skin and keeps it hydrated and moisturized.
- Good for hair – antioxidant property of green coffee makes it a great choice for fighting off damaging radicals and toxins and helps retain strong and lustrous hair.
- Fights off free radicals – green coffee beans are unroasted so they retain their high antioxidant property in the form of Chlorogenic acid. Consuming green coffee can eliminate the free radicals from the body and defend the body against getting infections, illnesses and diseases.
Stomach infection or bacterial gastroenteritis affects a you when there is bacterial infection in your gut that lead to inflammation in stomach and your intestines. Stomach infections are usually a result of poor hygiene, eating contaminated food and drinking contaminated water.
Symptoms of stomach infections
- abdominal pain
- blood in your stools
- loss of appetite
Stomach infection is common for both adults and children and it will get over within 2 to 3 days ,but if the symptoms persist and do not disappear even after 5 days, then contact your doctor and take necessary treatment.
Causes of stomach infections
There are many varieties of bacteria that cause stomach infection and that includes –
- coli – usually habitats in leafy salads and beef.
- Salmonella – present in eggs, meat products and dairy products.
- Yersinia – found in pork.
- Staphylococcus- present in eggs, dairy and meat products.
- Shigella – resides in swimming pool water.
Preventing stomach infections
Recovering from stomach infections
- As soon as you experience the symptoms of stomach infection, call your doctor for proper treatment.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking lots of fluid like soups, water, electrolysis to help your body recover the lost fluids due to diarrhea and vomiting.
- Avoid eating any fruits or dairy products or else your diarrhea will worsen.
- Don’t eat any dairy or fruit to avoid making your diarrhea worse.
Take plenty of rest to recover fast.
People are deprived of sleep due to pressures at- home, work place, school, college and the type of job they do. You may be eating healthy, and you have a fit body that can cope with pressures, but if you have a job that demands you to stay focused, alert and be productive at all times will obviously make you sleep deprived. According to research how well you sleep depends upon the type of job you do.
Here are few jobs that may be ruining your sleep
- Air traffic controllers- The job of air traffic controllers is indeed a tough one, they are supposed to be extra alert, focused and can never take the luxury to be casual their main job is to coordinate and direct the movement of aircraft on the ground, as well as in the air, apart from this there are many other responsibilities on air traffic controllers which is quite tough. The job requires the controller to be on toes and also it is a shift work that is definitely a challenge to stay awake throughout the night, which will disturb body’s clock called circadian rhythm that is associated with sleep wake cycle.
- Network administrators – the job of network administrator is a shift job, which requires the person to stay alert and give web services 24 hours throughout the week. As we know there are millions of people throughout the world who need internet service at any time, network administrators have to be awake to make sure the connections are reaching the consumers and in case any disconnections takes place they have to deal with it .This is a demanding job that gives the person on job continuous sleepless nights which can be very dangerous causing serious health problems like developing sleep troubles/disorders like insomnia, more serious disease like diabetes and blood pressure problems. People who take up such jobs have to be very careful and get their daily dose of sleep to avoid serious health issues.
- News reporter – This is another job which is very interesting ,but demands you to run to work at any odd hours and to any place .This job requires you to stay alert, follow people who make news and be on toes to cover the news.
- Factory workers – the job of factory workers is such that they have to be awake when other are sleeping, the manufacturing industry has shift system and the workers who work at night time are at increased risk of getting sleep disorder problems. They get very little hours to complete their sleep making then feel tired, drowsy ,risks of developing high blood pressure ,depression, diabetes and host of other health problems .It is very common among factory workers struggling to sleep as their body clock is disturbed and they usually suffer from sleep problems.
- Nurse – nurses who are working in a hospital taking care of patients has indeed a job to be proud of. The job of nurse is a shift job, someday they have a night shift, and some days they have to report to work during day time. Nurses usually have a disturbed the sleep wake pattern, which is a cause of concern.