Benoquin Cream Uses, Dosages and Possible Side Effects
Benoquin is the excellent topical treatment for vitiligo sufferers. Human skin is a complicated structure so its disorders. Vitiligo is said to be an auto-immune disorders which denotes presence of white patches on the skin. They develop as a result of destruction of the melanin making cells-melanocytes by the sufferer’s own immune system. Though the exact reason behind the development of vitiligo is not known, it is believed that it is an auto-immune disease. Monobenzone is the active chemical of the medicine. It works by reducing the melanin content of skin surrounding the white patch thus making them even in skin color. Before using benoquin, consult with your doctor regarding the pros and cons of the drug. You may get some side effects too such as mild burning sensation or tingling at the site of application. Never use this cream over broken skin or skin affected with eczema or psoriasis.
Action Mechanism of Benoquin (Monobenzone)
- Mechanism of action is the series of chemical reactions that is used by the drug to treat the health issue. Benoquin too has a particular mode of action that makes it effective against white patches of vitiligo. The mechanism of action is not clear yet but it offers excellent coverage from the white spots of vitiligo and makes it quite bearable for the sufferers to live with these embarrassing spots.
- The active constituent of benoquin is Monobenzone. This is responsible for making the skin look alike the even in skin tone. You can buy this topical ointment from online and offline drug stores at affordable rates. Wash of the skin part where the cream needs to be applied. Spread a thin layer of it and massage it gently to facilitate penetration of the cream into the skin. This cream reduces the melanin in the skin around the white patches. This is how it makes it similar to the vitiligo affected skin.
- Benoquin treatment takes time and thus you must have patience in you. Get in touch with your health care provider if you notice any unhealthy change in the skin. Monobenzone used in the cream bleaches the skin permanently and hence this treatment is pretty effective than others.
Precautionary Measures of Benoquin
- A user may suffer from allergic reactions caused due to chemical content of benoquin vitiligo cream. Thus if you develop any allergic symptom during the treatment then stop using the drug and consult with your doctor.
- You must share with your doctor if you are using any other topical creams for the skin. Chances are high that these medicines may interfere with this vitiligo cream.
- Do not use this cream over broken or cracked skin. This may cause severe effects.
- If you are dealing with skin ailments such as eczema or psoriasis then using benoquin cream could bring out the worst. Get medical advice before you use the medicine.
- Discuss the pros and cons of this cream with your medical practitioner and then use it for the treatment of vitiligo.
- It is not clear whether this drug gets secreted in the breast milk. Thus have word with your doctor before going for the medicament.
- Benoquin is not for cosmetic se. the chemical used in the drug bleaches the skin permanently and that is why it should be used to treat vitiligo and not to be used in other cosmetic procedures.
Dosage of Benoquin 20mg
- Before you apply benoquin cream for vitiligo over the affected skin parts, wash and dry them completely. Apply the cream on the skin and massage it gently so that the skin absorbs it completely.
- You can apply the cream 3 to 4 times in a day or as directed by the doctor. This treatment takes time and testes your patience level. Once you acquired the desired skin color, use this cream only twice a week to maintain the color.
- Benoquin cream makes the skin sensitive to the sunlight. Hence one must get proper protection while going out in the sun.
Common Side Effects of Benoquin
- Side effects are mandatory to develop once you use any medicine. Whether you take the drug in oral form or use it topically to discard any skin issue, side issues are bound to occur. Benoquin is also not an exception to this phenomenon of medicines. In many cases gentle side effects have been reported. These are easy to handle and causes no harm at all. You need to take medical help only when these side issues remain for longer period of time or become serious in nature.
- Irritation, mild burning, tingling sensation, reddening, peeling or cracking of the skin is possible with benoquin topical cream. Being mild in nature these aftermaths generally disappears in short time span. It is better to discuss about them with your health care provider. Sometimes these aftermaths becomes severe and causes harm to the user. In such incidences, getting medical help relieves you.
- Benoquin may bring out severe side effects in the user. Though the occurrence rate is very low but you must have knowledge about them. Get immediate medical help if you develop rash, itchiness, swelling of lips, mouth or tongue, severe dizziness and trouble breathing. These are listed as severe aftermaths of this vitiligo medication.
Warnings of Benoquin
- Benoquin is not a cosmetic tool to get fairer skin or to discard blemishes. It is purely for the treatment of vitiligo white patches.
- This cream is strictly for external use only. If consumed accidently causes hazardous effects on health.
- This vitiligo cream should not be used over cracked or broken skin or over the internal lining of organs such as inside the nose or eye.
- Discuss the prospective effects of the drug on the nursing kid as it is still not known whether this medicine passes into the breast milk.
- Do not use benoquin cream over skin ailments such as psoriasis or eczema or other type of skin issues.
- People may develop allergic symptoms due to the chemical part of the cream. Stop using the ointment if you notice any allergic reaction.
- Do not use the cream on your own. Get your vitiligo patches checked by the health care provider and then use the cream over them to stay benefitted.
3 Tubes, 5 Tubes, 10 Tubes, 15 Tubes, 20 Tubes